Protein Expression Optimization
Gene2Lead has access to a patented technology (SpotLight) for optimization of protein constructs for soluble expression in E. coli.
- Solubility screening of protein variants from an expression library is performed at the colony level, allowing for a unparalleled throughput and rapid screening.
- 100s of positive constructs are analyzed further by sequencing and small scale protein expression/purification to verify soluble expression.
- Up to 10 variants of each target can be produced at larger scale and taken into crystallization trials.
- This increases the likelihood of identifying constructs that are easy to produce in large amounts and for which a workable crystal system can be established.
We also provide services to screen for protein expression in small scale to optimize a variety of conditions such as
- Expression strains
- Growth medium
- Induction time/temperature